To provide reading interventions to K-8 studentss
To assist classroom teachers in diagnosing students' reading strengths and weaknesses in grades K-8.
Monitor and implement reading strategies and systems to support the RTI process.
1. Graduate of an accredited college or university.
2. Arizona State Department of Education Certification, Standard Elementary K-*.
3. Arizona Reading Endorsement.
4. Current IVP fingerprint card.
5. Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience.
6. Demonstrates in depth knowledge of reading curriculum.
7. Knowledge and demonstration of competency in the Response to Intervention model.
8. Skilled in the instructional processes that facilitate reading developement in grades K-3.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Implement and oversee the existing Response to Reading (RTI) Intervention Program.
2. Assist with the identification of students, school wide, who require intervention services.
3. Monitor progress and maintain evidence of growth for students receiving intervention services.
4. Assist teachers in analyzing students' strengths and weaknesses in reading.
5. Assist teachers in selecting materials at an appropriate instructional level for target students.
6. Develop and provide family literacy engagement activities to parents of targeted students.
7. Provide professioanl development on reading interventions and effective instructional strategies in collaboration with other professional staff.
8. Serve as a liaison
Salary and work year according to current teacher salary schedule/Contingent upon funding,
|FROM -   TO -|
|MONTHS / HOURS:|
|GRADE / STEP:|