Music Teacher- Sullivan/Garcia School
|POSITION:||Music Teacher- Sullivan/Garcia School|
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Governing Board policy on evaluation of Certified Personnel.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and exploration in music, and in instrumental music (band, orchestra, instrumental ensemble) and/or choral music (chorus, choir, choral ensemble) to students. Utilizes courses of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the alloted time.
4. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
5. Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skills levels of pupils.
6. Controls the storage and use of school-owned property;makes minor adjustments and requests repairs of instruments as required.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
8. Evaluates each pupil's musical growth and performance, assessing each individual's contribution to the performance of the group.
9. Plans, rehearses, and directs pupils in musical program for school and community.
10. Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and instructional aids;maintains required inventory records.
11. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
12. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health,attitude, and learning problems.
13. Cooperates with the school administration in providing musical programs for school procedures, graduation ceremonies and civic functions.
14. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
15. Participants in curriculum and other developmental programs.
16. Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil activities.
Salary and work year according to current teacher salary schedule.
|FROM -   TO -|
|MONTHS / HOURS:|
|GRADE / STEP:|