Music Teacher 2 Positions/ Garcia/Sullivan School
|JOB STATUS:||UNTIL FILLED|
|POSITION:||Music Teacher 2 Positions/ Garcia/Sullivan School|
To develop in each student an appreciation of the arts of music as part of general culture to teach techniques of vocal and/or instrumental music expression;to discover and develop talents of students in the field of music; to develop knowledge and skills in listening to and reading music.
Garcia / Sullivan (2) Positions Available
Graduated of an accredited college or university. Possession of the appropriate Arizona Teacher Certification
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and exploration in music, and in instrumental music (band, orchestra,instrumental ensemble) and/or choral music (chorus,choir,choral ensemble to students. Utilizes courses of study adopted by the Board of Educationa and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subjext matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the alloted time.
4. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
5. Utilizes repertoire of all tyhpes of music literature, including tradional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skills levels of students.
6. Controls the storage and use of school-owned property;makes minor adjustments and requests repairs of instruments as required.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of students behavior to provide an orderly,productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
8. Evaluates each pupil's musical growth and performance, assessing each individual's contribution to the performance of the group.
9. Plans, rehearses, and directs students in musical program for school and community.
10. Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and instructional aids;maintains required inventory records.
11. Communicates with parents and school counselors on students progress.
12. Identifies students needs and cooperates with other professional staff member in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
13. Cooperates witht the school administration in providing musical programs for school procedures, graduation ceremonies, and civic functions.
14. Supervises students in out-of classroom activities as assigned.
15. Participants in curriculum and other developmental programs.
16. Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student activities.
17. Maintains professional competence through inservice education provided by the district, and/or in self- selected professional growth activities related to music.
Salary and work year according to current teacher salary schedule.
2016-2017 School Year
|FROM -   TO -|
|MONTHS / HOURS:|
|GRADE / STEP:|