|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||11/27/2017|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002098|
|LOCATION: ||District Wide|
|POSITION: ||Director of Operations (Maintenance, Operation & Transportation)|
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
Under general direction of the Superintendent organize, develop, plan, implement, actively participate, supervise, evaluate and administer the efficient and major operational functions and programs for the District including transportation, maintenance, and facility operations, safety, community resources and construction.
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
At least three years administrative experienc in the area of operational management preferably in the public sector, with experience in maintenance, grounds,constructiona and student transportation. BA in appropriate field related to area of assignment, preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position. Valid Arizona Driver's License.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Provide project management for projects District- wide including project budgeting, scheduling timelines; and ensure material specifications are met, inspecting workmanship, and providing vendor access after hours.
- Meet with contractors and vendors regarding bids on capital and maintenance projects to determine projects scope, feasibility, specification, and design;estimate costs,ensure building codes are met, and schedule time-line with contractors.
- Collect, review, and makes recommendations on contract rewards.
- Train custodians, and facilities managers on chemicals and procedures for cleaning District facilities.
- Supervise all maintenance, operations and transportation systems of the District.
- Provide long range planning for maintenance, operations and transportation department.
- Determine appropriateness of work order requests, determine timelines and authorize work to be completed.
- Provides in-service training programs for assigned personnel, as needed.
- Create, implement and revise an annual budget for expenditures in each department area.
- Prepare long-range budget planning for capital improvement and replacement of equipment.
- Adhere to District policies regardiing purchasing procedures.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, evaluate, and supervise the work of assigned staff and supervise the evaluation process within individual department areas.
- Inspect work in progress, oversees requisitions and ensure timely completion of maintenance projects.
- Survey, coordinate and participate in the development of time and cost estimates for major repairs or remolding projects.
- Establish standard of maintenance and preventative maintenance for building and equipment.
- Ensure that standards consistent with all applicable laws are maintained.
- Inspect all school buildings, grounds and installations on a regular basis to determine that high standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety and security are maintained.
- Plan, organize and implement a program of preventive maintenance.
- Ensure transportation records are maintained and reports prepared as needed and mandated.
- Maintain cooperative andeffective working relationships.
- Meet schedules and times lines;work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work; prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports as requested.
- Interview and make recommendations for staffing in all department areas.
- Attend Governing Board meeting and other meetings and conferences as requested.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor, superintendent and/or governing board.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
Maintenance, Operations & Transportation Staff
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: ||11/27/2017|
|START DATE: |
Salary Rang $55,650-$66,587
12 Months Exempt
22 vacation days,health/dental insurance, life insurance,short term disability insurance
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
|GRADE / STEP: |