JOB STATUS: Open
POSTING DATE: 9/14/18
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSTING NUMBER: 002051
LOCATION: Garcia School
POSITION: Crossing Guard
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: 15 hours a week- 10 month per year
SALARY: $11.00 - $15.60
DAYS: Monday - TO - Friday
MONTHS / HOURS: 10 Months/ 3 Hours per day
JOB DESCRIPTION: Cross Guard
1. Have knowledge of traffic laws sufficient to obtain a driver's license.
2. Ability to read and write standard English.
3. Possess knowledge of safety factors and first aid procedures.
4. Possess a standard motor vehicle operator's license which verifies the knowledge of traffic laws, color perception, and visual competency.
5. When driver's license is not possessed, individuals may have to verify these competencies.
6. Must demonstrate an interest with and concern for students and in the entire educational process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Crossing Guard will be stationed at specially designated intersection. Assist students in crossing the street at safe intervals in traffic flow.
2. Places and removes crosswalk signs daily.
3. Complies with Murphy School District’s Dress Code.
4. No use of personal cell phone while on duty. Must park personal vehicle in the designated MOT parking lot.
5. Must attend crossing guard classes and other relevant training as necessary.
6. Reports damaged or vandalized signs to immediate supervisor.
7. May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.