4th Grade Teacher- Kuban School
|POSITION:||4th Grade Teacher- Kuban School|
4th Grade Teacher (1) Position
1. Graduated of an accredited college or university.
2. Current Arizona Elementary, Secondary, and o/ or Special Education Teacher Certificate.
3. Meets NCLB Requirements of Being Highly Qualified as it applies to assigned position.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a Program of Study that meets the AZ State Standards and District Curriculum requirements.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculu. goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
6. Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, and reading to elementary pupils, utilizing appropriate learning skills.
7. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the invidual pupil.
8. Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
9. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
10. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosphy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
11.Assesses the students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
12. Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
13. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
14. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct recordss as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
15. Assesses progress and preparation of students for the AIMS, District Benchmark Assessment.
16. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct; and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
17. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms (Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
18. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
19. Cooperates with the administration in planning and/or participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or at the district level.
20. Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
21. Continues professional growth through attendance at workshopps, seminars, conferences, an/or advances course work at institutions of higher learning.
22. Demonstrates awareness of Governing Board policies and State Statutes related to the job responsibilities.
23. All other duties as assigned.
Salary and work year according to current teacher salary schedule.
|FROM -   TO -|
|MONTHS / HOURS:|
|GRADE / STEP:|